We provide professional advice in relation to drawing up wills and related legal documents.
Making a Will allows you to decide what happens to your property and possessions after your death. Without a Will, you lose control over who inherits from you and there is a risk that your property and possessions will be distributed by the State.
There are many good reasons for making a Will:-
- Do you want your spouse to inherit all your property?
- Do you want to make special provisions for children, grandchildren or friends?
- If you have young children, would you feel safer appointing a legal guardian in case something should happen to you and your spouse?
- Would you like advice about Inheritance Tax so that your family benefits and not the tax man?
- Would you want to appoint someone you know to be in charge with dealing with your affairs?
Although it is possible to write a Will without the advice from a solicitor it is not advisable as there are various legal formalities you need to follow to make sure that your Will is valid. Without help there is a risk you could make a mistake, which could cause problems and significant expense for your family and friends after your death.
It is important to keep your Will up-to-date. Your Will should be reviewed every couple of years and after any major life changes for example getting married or divorced. It is important to keep your Will up-to-date to make sure that it is valid at all times.
We can take you through the process step by step to achieve a Will that suits your needs.
Wills and probate matters are conducted on a hourly rate. We will give you a fees estimate in our initial consultation and if you decide to instruct us further your initial consultation fee will be deducted from your costs going forward.